Eligibility for Admission
A person who has passed one of the following examinations with pass in English as one of the subjects shall be eligible to join the First Year class of B.A. degree course.
1. +2 Examination under 10+2+3 system of education of a recognized Board/ Council/ University.
2. B.A./ B.Sc./ B.Com. Part I (Old scheme)/ Pre-medical/ Pre-engg./ Intermediate etc.
3. Any other examination recognized by the University as equivalent to (i) and (ii) above.
Provided that a student shall be eligible to opt the subject of Computer Science at the B.A. level if he has passed the +2 examination with Science/ Commerce/ Economics/ Mathematics as a subject.
If a candidate has been placed under compartment in the +2 examination conducted by a Board/ Body/ Council/ University in India, he/she shall be eligible to seek admission to the First Year of B.A. provided he fulfills the following conditions:
i. He should have been placed in compartment in one subject only.
ii. He should have obtained at least 20% marks in the subject in which he had been placed in compartment.
iii. He should have obtained the requisite percentage of marks in the aggregate of the examination as laid down in the relevant regulations.
Provided that the candidate should have obtained at least 33% marks in the aggregate of all the subjects (including the marks obtained by him in the subject of compartment, Theory & Pratical/s taken together) taken up by him/ her at the +2 examination.
Result late in +2: A student whose result of +2 examination in February/ March conducted by a School Board is published late, but not later than 10th August, may be admitted without late fee within 15 working days of the declaration.
Subjects in B.A.I, II & III
i. Every student will be required to take up English and Punjabi/History & Culture of Punjab (HCP)*
ii. Any three elective subjects out of the following:
b. Political Science
c. Punjabi (Elective)
e. Economics OR Physical Education
f. Fashion Designing
NOTE : 1. Students are also required to clear the subject of Environmental Education.
2. Seats are limited in the subjects of Physical Education, Fashion Designing & Computer Science.
* The subject of HCP can be taken up by only those students who are eligible as per the relevant rules of P.U. CHD.
Eligibility Conditions for B.A. Part II & III
1. Students who have passed B.A. I and B.A. II Examinations of Punjab University, Chandigarh or of other universities will be eligible for admission to B.A. II and B.A. III respectively.
2. Students from other Universities seeking admission to B.A. II and B.A.III will have to undergo the required process of Inter-University Migration, Eligibility etc.
3. Students placed under compartment in B.A. I & B.A. II of P.U. CHD. will be eligible to seek admission to next higher class. However, students from other universities will not be eligible to seek admission.