Eligibility for Admission
A person who has passed one of the following examinations with pass in English as one of the subjects shall be eligible to join the First Semester class of B.A. degree course. However, a person who has not qualified English as one of the subjects at the +2 examination shall be eligible to join B.A. 1st Sem. provisionally subject to his/her qualifying the deficient subject of English from the Parent Board/ Body/ Council/ Uni. in two consecutive chances subsequent to his/her admission failing which his/her admission stand cancelled.
1. +2 Examination under 10+2+3 system of education of a recognized Board/ Council/ University.
2. B.A. Part-I (old scheme) / Intermediate /Arts/Examination of Panjab University.
3. Any other examination recognized by the University as equivalent to (i) and (ii) above.
If a candidate has been placed under compartment in the +2 examination conducted by a Board/ Body/ Council/ University in India, he/she shall be eligible to seek admission to the First Semester of B.A. provided he fulfills the following conditions:
I He/She should have been placed in compartment in one subject only.
ii. He/She should have obtained at least 20% marks in the subject in which he had been placed in compartment.
iii. He/She should have obtained the requisite percentage of marks in the aggregate of the examination as laid down in the relevant regulations.
Provided that the candidate should have obtained at least 33% marks in the aggregate of all the subjects (including the marks obtained by him/her in the subject of compartment, Theory & Pratical/s taken together) taken up by him/her at the +2 examination.
Note : The candidate securing less than 20% marks in the subject of compartment at the +2 examination be made eligible to join B.A. Part I course, if they cleared or secure 20% or more marks in the subject in the Supplementary Examination held in July/August, on or before the last date for admssion with late fee with the permission of the Vice-Chancellor, provided the seat/s is / are available.
Result late in +2: A student whose result of +2 examination in February/ March conducted by a School Board is published late, but not later than 10th August, may be admitted without late fee within 15 working days of the declaration.
Subjects in B.A.I, II & III
I Every student will be required to take up English and Punjabi/History & Culture of Punjab (HCP)*
ii. Any three elective subjects out of the following:
b. Political Science
c. Punjabi (Elective)
e. Fashion Designing
f. Economics OR Physical Education
1. Environment, Road Safety Education and Violence against Women and Children and Drug is a compulsory paper, which the students are required to pass with atleast 33% marks either in the First Year (Semester System) or in Second Year/ Third Year of the Course, failing which the Degree will not be issued.
2. Seats are limited in the subjects of Physical Education.
* The subject of HCP can be taken up by only those students who are eligible as per the relevant rules of P.U. CHD.
Eligibility conditions for B.A. II & III (Semester III, IV, V & VI)
The candidate who is admitted in 1st, 3rd and 5th semester will be allowed promoted to 2nd, 4th and 6th Sem. respectively, for this the candidate will have to clear 50% of the total papers till that semester.