Number of Seats: 70 (Each)
Eligibility Conditions for B.COM. I
Admission to the first year of B.COM. (General) three year degree course shall be open to a person who has passed one of the following examinations conducted by a recognized Board/Council/University:
- +2 Examination with at least 40% marks in the aggregate with three of the following subjects: Commerce (or theory of commerce or foundation course in commerce); Accountancy (or Book Keeping and Accountancy); Economics; Mathematics (or Statistics); Business Organization (or Business Management or (Theory and Practice of Management); Insurance (or General Insurance or life Insurance); Banking and Trade; Commercial Geography; Management and Secretarial Practice (or Office Organization and Management); Mercantile Law (or any Company Law);Auditing, Typewriting and Stenography/ Computers (for typewriting).
- +2 Examination securing at least 45% marks in aggregate with at least two of the subjects mentioned in list (a) above.
- +2 examination or B.A I/B.Sc. I/ Pre-Engineering/Pre-Medical Examination of the Panjab University under the old scheme not covered in (b) securing at least 50% marks.
- Any other examination recognized by the University as equivalent to (a) (b) or (c) as given above with requisite percentage of marks given under each clause.
Provided that a candidate seeking admission to B.COM. I should have passed the subject of English at +2 stage. In cases where passing in English is not necessary according to the regulations of certain Boards/ Bodies/ Councils/ Universities in India, the admission of the candidate shall be provisional and will be confirmed only after he has cleared the subject of English as a deficient subject from the parents Board/ Body/ Council/ University in two consecutive chances subsequent to his admission.
Admission shall be provisional and will be confirmed only after he has cleared the subject of English as a deficient subject from the parents Board/ Body/ Council/ University in two consecutive chances subsequent to his admission.
Eligibility Conditions for B.COM. Part II & III
1. Students who have passed B.Com. I and B.Com. II Examinations of Punjab University, Chandigarh, (or its equivalent examination) will be eligible for the admission to B.COM. II and B.COM. III respectively.
2. Students from other Universities seeking admission to B.Com. II and B.Com. III will have to undergo the required process of Inter-University Migration, Eligibility etc.
3. Students placed under compartment in B.Com. I & B.Com. II of P.U. CHD. will be eligible to seek admission to next higher class. However, students from other universities will not be eligible to seek admission.